Oban, Scotland

In May 2017 I took the train from Edi to Oban to attend The Global Seaweed Workshop at the Scottish Association for Marine Science (SAMS). I love going on trains because of the scenery you are able to watch: yellow flowered fields, lochs, forests and hills. I found Oban to be a really beautiful, quiet and peaceful town. I finally tried the famous Scottish Irn Bru and really sorry to offend but whyyy do you drink an orange super sugary, fizzy, medicine tasting thing..?! As for food I went local and obviously ended up eating quite a lot of chippies and seafood, The Green Shak was really nice. It was a great experience and I learned a lot about seaweed, currently my main research interest. Here are some of the things and places I discovered during that lovely week.
Dunollie
Lovely bluebells
Dunnstafage Castle

Isle of Mull Ferry

Black Guillemot

Gorse

Saccharina latissima
Gammarids


Rocky shores
Smol Pupper


IRN BRU.. why Scotland why ahah
Train ride

Comentários

Mensagens populares