North Berwick




Beach & tidal pools
I love discovering life in tidal pools, i've done it ever since I was little. It's the vibrant colours of seaweed, the smell of sea breeze and excitement of what i'll find hiding underneath rocks, sand and anemones: cheeky hermit crabs, baby shrimp and fish. I'm a shell and sand collector and sometimes I keep other ocean treasures, nowadays I mostly just do it digitally.
Bass Rock
I booked the Sula II Boat Trip to Bass Rock (15£) online (probably best so that you guarantee a spot). It's a beautiful sail boat and the owners are so nice they even lent me a pair of binoculars! The boat ride was shaky because it was a windy day and the waves were picking up. I saw a few Puffins, OH MY GOD the cutest birds I have ever seen with their little feet spread open, but also Guillemots, Cormorants and Shags. Closer to the Bass Rock it gets very load with bird calls and a very strong smell of guano and of course Gannets, Gannets everywhere! this is what makes it look like a white iceberg from a far. It's Britain’s largest single island colony of the North Atlantic Gannet which returns every year to breed and lay a single egg.
The Scottish Seabird Center is educational, lots of fun and you help support conservation by visiting. There are activities like drawing seabirds, interactive exhibitions where you can spot nesting birds on the Bass Rock from telescopes and live cameras that you control yourself, documentaries and short movies. 
Happy kid
North Berwick Flickr álbum

North Berwick is only only half an hour away from Edinburgh by train.

Comentários

Mensagens populares